Search This Blog

Thursday 7 August 2014

Humdrum



I’ve been reading other people’s blogs for ages, long before I bit the bullet and had a go myself.  What held me back was that I felt that my life was too dull, too humdrum.  I’m not clever enough to be witty, I’m not inventive enough to live for a week on a £5, I spend 99% of my life alone.  The list goes on and on.

But it is the humdrum and the everyday which allows the exciting things to happen.  I read a lot of frugality blogs and the most wonderful entries are when the blogger can do something as a result of their frugality over days, month, sometimes years of frugality.  Creative blogs sometimes mask the time spent learning a skill to the point of being confident enough to show it off.


And today I have to face something very humdrum.  These are two photographs which I have just taken of my sitting room.  It doesn’t usually look like this but I am sorting my dining/sewing/spare bed room.  Decluttering and sorting must be the dullest job out but until I do this, sewing is going to be hard work, entertaining friends for a meal difficult and I might as well forget the idea of inviting anyone to stay.

So today I must start on this mammoth task.

Because I haven’t told you the real reason for needing to sort it

I can’t find the fabric for Bobo’s trousers!

8 comments:

  1. Does Bobo know the inconvenience he is causing? Far from humdrum, it is noseing into other people's lives that is the best thing about blogland I think. Natural human curiosity! So please don't stop - at least until we get the big Bobo 'reveal'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobo is sitting in the corner and I swear he is smirking!

      Delete
  2. I think your hitting the despair part of cleaning up lol. I hit it all the time. I'm slowly dropping contact with RL friends as they drive me nuts (ok nuttier ;) ) I love a good natter in Blog land though and I love to see stuff dumped in their front room xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way would you see my sitting room in RL! Blogland is as far as it goes!

      Delete
  3. You will get there in the end. Seeing your plastic boxes reminded me that as my crafts increased and grew... I decided that plastic boxes and towers would be the answer.

    I bought them over time as I could afford them - only my boxes began to fill my loft space where I 'created. Now I am having to go through everything and be strict with myself to give a lot away.

    Progress is slow as it has been HOT for so long in the S.E.

    I hope you find your material - it will turn up where you.least expect it. I have been looking - in vain - for a pair of earrings that disappeared 4 years ago. My husband wasn't even sure they existed until, triumphantly, I showed him a photo of me wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that plastic boxes breed. In fact in the kitchen they are positively promiscuous and if you leave unmarried four boxes and lids in the cupboard there will be at least twelve when you open the cupboard again.

      Actually, giving stuff away is giving me joy. I'm ashamed of how much stuff I acquired but I love the freedom of giving it to others.

      Delete
  4. Your front room looks pretty much similar to my bedroom. When stepson finally moves away I will have a sorting out to do and then must finally put things in order before transforming the newly gained room into a child friendly nursery and arts/crafts room for myself. I`m already dreading the work involved, but do so want my spare room back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! One has to want the pay-off or the job doesn't get done!

      Delete