Search This Blog

Saturday 24 January 2015

Dogs, peacocks, snowdrops, ducks and rhubarb

I’m finding January to be quite a difficult month but I try and get out for a while each day so yesterday I headed once again for Normanby Hall.  It was one of those truly lovely winter days: very cold but with brilliant sunshine.  The carpark was incredibly busy when I arrived as the Ramblers Association was about to set out and everyone was rushing to get to the loos!

Quite apart from the Ramblers Association (who I sometimes think should be called the Route March Association), Walks for Health (which are run by the local authority) were leading gentle guided walks for people of varying degrees of fitness and the dog walkers were out in force.

 And it was a lovely chatty day, even if people were just saying “Isn’t it a lovely day!”  I chatted with lots of dog walkers and an English setter tried to hitch a lift on my trundle truck – apparently he has a friend who takes him up. 

Although it is still the depth of winter signs of spring are around.  The snowdrops are peeping through.





The peacocks are getting their wonderful plumage although I didn’t see any displaying.






Some ducks still think it’s too nippy for water sports but a few were on a small pond.
And there was a new explanation board about these so maybe Victoria won’t be exposed too much longer.
(See http://trundlingthroughlife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/an-end-to-seclusion.html)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely trip out, the first signs of spring are always a delight to see and gives hope that warmer weather is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the peacock! There used to be peacocks in San Antonio when I was a child and I was just fascinated by them!

    ReplyDelete