Search This Blog

Saturday 20 June 2015

I'm back!

Well, you all know what I was doing yesterday - typing that very long post by Jack!  I knew you'd all find him wonderful.  Modest little violet, isn't he?  I have to say that my recollections of some incidents aren't QUITE the same as his!  

Anyway, my garden looks a lot better for his ministrations.  He also gathered elderflowers so I shall be making cordial tomorrow.  I'm also going to try freezing a few flowers so I will be able to give winter guests a flavour of summer.
Porc au hook


Bless you!
Yesterday's lunch was porc au hook served with a jacket potato, steamed vegetables and swede and carrot mash.

And Jack wanted to leave you with a blessing (for which he borrowed my gear!).  

6 comments:

  1. Very funny! Did you give him a cup of Minnesota coffee and a Spam sandwich? That was a joke, though MN is quite famous for Spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither of those but watch this space tomorrow for further news of Jack

      Delete
  2. Your garden is lovely! I know I wouldn't mind a relaxing sit on that swing with a nice drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my swing. It belonged to my Mother and it is the perfect place for enjoying a G & T of which she would definitely approve.

      And I promise any visitors will be offered a swing with G & T! (Not fun in January though)

      Delete
  3. Well you certainly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete