Search This Blog

Saturday 19 December 2015

Another tree


For many years I couldn't afford to buy decorations to hang on my tree so I used to make my own, maybe just wiring a few pine cones and spraying them or doing origami with scraps of paper.


These days money isn't quite so tight but I still prefer the home made sort.  Most I make for myself but this was a gift a couple of years ago.  It's a really simple idea, just a couple of triangles of fabric stitched together and stuffed but the trunk of the tree is a cinnamon stick and the star is a star anise.  Even after several years it smells wonderful

5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea, I have made the tree before stuffing it was a little lavender but I love the idea of cinnamon for the trunk and star anise. A definite for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, witch I could try to make for next years X-mas. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade ones, they are beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete