Search This Blog

Saturday 23 January 2016

Coffee


A couple of minutes ago I went to the kitchen to make a cuppa and knew instantly what today's special pleasure is - even though it wasn't an "instant" pleasure.


It's the smell when I open a new packet of roast-and-ground coffee.  I keep my coffee  in an air-tight tin once opened but even so, the smell of a newly opened pack is WONDERFUL!  A pack lasts about a week so it's a joy which happens fairly frequently but it is still a delight.

Writing this series of posts about pleasure has become a pleasure in itself.  It is encouraging me to appreciate those small moments which it would be so easy to miss.  I am surprised how often my face is breaking into a smile as I recognise yet another of the little things which enrich my life.

Thank you for reading


3 comments:

  1. I don't drink a lot of coffee but like you I do love the smell of a newly opened packet. it is the little things in life that make me smile and your posts have highlighted that. For that I thank you I have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. I am amazed at how looking for joy is transforming things for me and it's great to think that the ripples spread!

      Delete
  2. Coffee aroma also does it for me, lol. I also love a good brew of Moroccan Mint Tea, ever since my last holiday there and having learnt how to make a correct brew. Having a pot of lovely mint tea (a mix of fresh mint leaves, dry Chinese Gunpowder lose tea and dry sage leaves) always makes me smile as it brings back good holiday memories.

    ReplyDelete