Search This Blog

Sunday 18 June 2017

I don't like to moan but . . .

Innit 'ot?  I just don't do hot.  With cold I'm fine.  A few more layers of clothing and a wrap, nice hot soup and (keep this secret!) maybe have the heating on all day and cold is coped with.  Hot is a different matter.

I was rather glad that I didn't have a service to take today as it meant I could take the trundle truck up to church for the eight o'clock service.  Now church is comfortable.  Cool.  Quiet.  Lovely.

Anyway, less of this moaning.  I've had a pretty good week (with one ghastly exception) including a card making session at Mandy's.  Here you go.





The ghastly exception couldn't have been much more ghastly.  Auntie Hettie managed to fall out of her armchair while I was with her.  My cousin and I spent six hours in A & E with her.  She's got two really black eyes but no further injuries.  Old ladies of 92 just don't bounce.  

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear abou tyour aunt. Bless you for beign there for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. I'm feeling guilty because it happened (I just couldn't move fast enough to stop it) but I suppose I was there for her and I called the ambulance for her.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your Aunt, take some comfort from the fact that she was not alone. Send some of the hot weather my way, it is forecast 14 toady with some showers. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be very welcome to a share in this hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely! I am sorry about the heat but I feel your pain. It has been in the triple digits heat index here and I am miserable. So, so sorry about your aunt. You are correct, 92 years olds don't bounce. My 95 year old mother in law had a little accident in her wheelchair with a mobility scooter -- seems scooter driver wanted through the dining room and got latch on my MIL's wheelchair, squeezed her foot and sort of dragged her along with her. So, I know what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Heat over 100F. I must stop moaning. My sitting room hit 85F yesterday and that is VERY hot for Caistor. Hope your MIL is OK. Auntie Hettie is a little subdued but otherwise seems OK.

      Delete